About this Event
The Government of the Virgin Islands' (GVI) New Employee Welcome (N.E.W.) orientation formally receives new members to the GVI team before they officially begin work at their respective Executive Branch agencies and empowers them with knowledge of various employee benefits, programs, and resources as well as general expectations. New employees will receive an overview of the GVI's personnel policies, benefits, career development opportunities, and employee programs and resources.
An overview of:
- the GVI organization and its purpose, mission, and vision
- employee benefits and programs
- time and attendance
- performance and conduct
- general personnel policies
- the GVI’s Sexual Harassment Policy
- career development opportunities and resources
Location: Online via Microsoft Teams conferencing platform.
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Who Should Attend: Individuals recently hired to work within the Executive Branch of the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands (GVI).
- You must have access to a computer with an internet connection, webcam, speakers, and a microphone. Participants who need to participate via a smartphone or tablet may download the Microsoft Teams app in the App Store or in Google Play.
- Registration for N.E.W. closes at 10:00 a.m. on the Friday before each scheduled session.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to obtain approval from their supervisor to attend a training event.
- Training dates, times, & locations are subject to change.
- Be sure to review Division of Personnel’s Training Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please contact your Human Resources office or Division of Personnel's Strategy and Organizational Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 340-774-8588.